YMCA Diploma in Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction Level 2
Health, Care and Early Years
08 September 2021
*Enrolment still open
Wednesday to Friday
In a nutshell
The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who have an interest in fitness, health and gym related activities with the additional knowledge to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a Fitness Instructor. This course will also allow you to progress onto the Personal Training qualification at Level 3.
This course is for...
...individuals aged 16+.
...those wishing to progress on to further learning within the health and fitness or active leisure sectors.
The YMCA Awards Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness is regulated by Ofqual and comprises of 10 mandatory units totalling 48 credits. You will learn about:
- Communicating with clients effectively
- How to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Employment law and procedures that apply
- The sectors that make up the active leisure and learning sector
- Customer services
- Understanding the balanced diet and its contribution to healthy lifestyles
- Planning and delivering group exercise sessions
- Programming a variety of safe and effective exercise sessions for a range of clients
- Instructing a variety of exercise sessions
Minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade D or above to include either Maths or English/Welsh First Language or an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification.
- Allows learners entry to REPs at Level 2
- REPs CPD points: 20
- CIMSPA Endorsement points: 10
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information