YMCA Certificate in Personal Training Level 3
In a nutshell
If you already hold a valid Level 2 fitness instructor qualification, this course will give you the additional knowledge you need to successfully pursue a career in the health and fitness industry.
This course is for...
…You hold a valid Level 2 fitness instructor qualification
...You want to further develop your skills
...You want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry
This course covers a variety of additional knowledge and skills to help you progress as a self-employed or employed personal trainer with specialisms in outdoor fitness and sports conditioning. The content reflects the competencies needed to become a safe and effective personal trainer.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
The course will cover:
Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- how to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- how to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
Once completed, you can use this qualification as a platform to move on to other courses in the health and fitness or active leisure sectors.
To take this course you’ll need to already have a valid Level 2 fitness instructor qualification.
- The Coleg Gwent Sports Kit must be worn for all practical sessions
- Appropriate sports trainers must be worn for all practical sessions
- No piercings or jewellery to be worn during practical sessions
You’ll need to purchase the Coleg Gwent Sports Kit and manuals to support your learning, the approximate cost of this is £100 - £110. Details will be provided at enrolment on how to buy these items but they must be purchased prior to the start of the course.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information