YMCA Award in Group Indoor Cycling Level 2
In a nutshell
This course is ideal if you have a keen interest in working in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor teaching indoor cycling/spin.
This course is for...
…anyone wanting to work as a fitness instructor.
Held at the spin studio in the Usk campus, this course covers:
- The benefits of group indoor cycling
- Health and safety in relation to group indoor cycling
- How to design and teach safe and effective sessions
- The principles and variables used within a session
- How to monitor and motivate participants
- How to use music during sessions
- How to assess and reflect on providing group indoor cycling.
You’ll need to be fully committed to attendance and ready to participate in the sessions, and you’ll be assessed through a portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration/assignment.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course you can progress on to Level 2 Gym, Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Exercise and Physical Activity for Children, Instructing Circuit Sessions or a job in the fitness industry.
There are no formal entry requirements but you should have a keen interest in indoor cycle-based activities and fitness instruction.
This course takes place over two days (on a weekend) at Usk campus, and being there on both days is compulsory.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information