YMCA Award in Group Exercise Instructing - Step Exercise To Music Level 2
Sport, Travel and Public Services
Part Time Day
Torfaen Learning Zone
Discount available to Under 19s only. Dependent on course suitability
Includes registrations, exam fees and any course materials
07 May 2022
Saturday and Sunday
In a nutshell
This course is a great addition to your fitness qualification portfolio. Pick up new ideas of how you can add extra variety to your group based exercise sessions and add that ‘wow’ factor to your sessions with step exercise to music.
This course is for...
.... individuals wishing to design and deliver safe and effective step exercise to music sessions
... anyone who has a passion for teaching group based exercise and enjoys teaching to the beat and phrase of the music.
Learners will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to become a group exercise instructor, within context, meeting industry requirements set out within the CIMSPA core group exercise professional standard. For the YMCA Level 2 Award in Group Exercise Instructing: Step Exercise to Music, learners must achieve 2 mandatory units:
- Principles of planning and delivering group exercise
- Plan and deliver group water-based exercise
This course is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
In this course, you'll cover:
- How to design and teach safe and effective step exercise to music sessions
- The principles of warm up, the aerobic curve and cool down
- Working to music
- Motivating participants
- A variety of group teaching skills
- How to respond to health and safety issues.
You'll be assessed through coursework and practical assessment.
You must have achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing for entry to this course or previous completion of the following mandatory units:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness instructors
• Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
• Lifestyle management and health awareness
Accreditation: 16 REPs CPD points.
Progression: On completion of this coirse, you can go on to study YMCA Level 2 Award in Studio Resistance Training.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information