YMCA Award in Delivering Chair-Based Exercise Level 2
In a nutshell
The Level 2 Award in Delivering Chair-Based Exercise recognises the skills, knowledge and competence required of an individual in order to work in an unsupervised capacity, including the values and principles of adult social care and the ability to plan and deliver chair–based exercise to either disabled adults or frailer older adults.
This course is for...
... those looking for suitable continuing professional development to further your development in the fitness industry.
... anyone wanting to be able to provide safe and effective chair-based exercise for frailer older adults or disabled adults.
Modules covered during this course include a combination of mandatory and optional units.
Mandatory units (Learners must complete both units below to achieve):
- Introduction to the Values and Principles of Adult Social Care
- Understand the Value of Chair-Based Exercise with Frailer Adults and Disabled Adults
Optional units (Learners must complete 1 unit below to achieve):
- Plan and Deliver Chair-Based Exercise for Frailer Older Adults or
- Plan and Deliver Chair-Based Exercise for Disabled Adults
You be assessed through coursework and practical demonstration/assignment.
There are no pre-requisites for this course however, the following unit requires you to have knowledge of body systems:
- Understanding the value of chair-based exercise with frailer older adults and disabled adults (T/504/0806) Learning outcome 1.
If the learner does not have existing knowledge, then the tutor will need to ensure appropriate knowledge is covered on the programme of learning e.g., Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise or something similar.
Our highly-qualified fitness lecturers deliver this course over 4 hours per week for 6 weeks.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information