WJEC AS/A2 Chemistry Level 3
In a nutshell
A really insightful and engaging look into Chemistry.
This course is for you if...
... You’re curious about Chemistry
... You enjoy learning about Science
... You’re hardworking and self-motivated
What will I be doing?
Year 1 – AS
- Unit 1 The Language of Chemistry, Structure of Matter and Simple Reactions. Written examination: 1 hour 30 minutes (80 marks)
- Unit 2 Energy, Rate and Chemistry of Carbon Compounds. Written examination: 1 hour 30 minutes (80 marks)
Year 2 - A2
- Unit 3 Physical and Inorganic Chemistry. Written examination: 1 hour 45 minutes (80 marks)
- Unit 4 Organic Chemistry and Analysis. Written examination: 1 hour 45 minutes (80 marks)
- Unit 5 Practical (60 marks)
This course consists of two units in the first year with compulsory practical tasks that are examined in two theory papers. In the second year, there are a further three units, which are examined in two theory papers, and compulsory practical tasks which are examined in a practical examination. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- AS Level Chemistry
- A Level Chemistry
- Skills Activities
- English and Maths
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need a minimum of 5 GCSEs, Grade C or above, to include Grade B in Chemistry or Grade BB in Double Award Science, plus a Grade B in Maths.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as is respect for others, enthusiasm for the subject and self-motivation. You’ll be continually assessed and there is an expectation that you’ll continue your studies and coursework during your own time.
What comes next?
These include not only the obvious Chemistry and Biochemistry courses, but also Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Food Sciences, Earth Sciences, Engineering, Forensic Science and Environmental Science.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information