VTCT Complementary Therapies Level 4
In a nutshell
If you’ve already studied complementary therapy at level 3, or both the Aromatherapy and Reflexology diplomas at level 3, this course is a great way to develop further research and practice.
This course is for...
…anyone over 18 who’s already been studying complementary therapies who want to progress to the highest level.
This course is a joint qualification made up of two parts:
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist – this provides a progression route with advanced technical skills for Level 3 aromatherapists, further developing your knowledge of additional oils and their therapeutic uses and the theories and practices for advanced applications of prescriptive aromatherapy.
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Reflexology for the Complementary Therapist – this develops advanced technical skills for Level 3 reflexologists, adding techniques for treatment application to your existing repertoire while further developing your knowledge of the theories and practices of reflexology.
Using a mixture of theory sessions, practical learning sessions, clinic sessions, group work, research activities, presentations, enrichment activities (including visiting speakers and trips) and case studies, you'll gain the essential knowledge to provide advanced therapeutic skills within a clinical setting. You’ll also be taught interpersonal skills and advanced anatomy and physiology for the complementary therapist.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, friendly with good interpersonal skills and a high level of personal presentation, and be committed to full attendance and punctuality for all sessions. You’ll be expected to demonstrate critical thinking, undertake research and be a good time manager, able to submit written work within given timelines.
You'll be assessed through a combination of practical observations, written assignments, case studies, completion assessments, a minimum work log of hours for each complementary therapy practice, presentations to audiences and peer groups and a portfolio of evidence.
For the advanced aromatherapy case studies you’ll need to carry out and document evidence for a minimum of 30 treatments, with five clients receiving at least six treatments, and must include evaluations and reflective practice.
For the advanced reflexology techniques case studies, you must carry out and document evidence for a minimum of 36 recorded treatments using all reflexology types – it’s expected that a number of different reflexology types may be used within each study.
On completing the course, you could progress on to VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Massage.
You’ll need to have already completed Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies or Level 3 Diplomas in both Aromatherapy and Reflexology, and you’ll need a good level of literacy and numeracy.
The dress code for our salon is:
- Course uniform (details to be provided) with flat, comfortable black shoes
- Hair neatly tied back off the face
- Clean, short and filed nails, with no nail extensions or varnish
- No piercings or jewellery – only a wedding ring can be worn
You’ll be expected to buy the uniform (around £50) and Level 4 Aromatherapy kit (details to be provided). You’ll also need FHT insurance, a portable, height adjustable massage couch with a face hole and/or reflexology chair so you can practise off-site and a selection of books (reading list will be available at enrolment).
*All costs are under review and are subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information