Virtual Online - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
The Lean Six Sigma (Yellow Belt) Classroom has been created for individuals and businesses looking to implement the Lean Six Sigma methodology within their projects and work responsibilities.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...anyone who wants to learn more about the basic principles of Lean Management and Six Sigma.
...anyone who wants to help improve their capabilities as a leader in their organisation.
This course includes:
- Fundamental Lean and Six Sigma principles
- The benefits of blending the two in a unified approach
- The DMAIC methodology
- Project targeting criteria
- What makes a great Lean Six Sigma project?
- Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Key elements of successful Lean transformation
- Project selection
- Team roles
- Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value-Add versus Non-Value-Add
- Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Lean Flows & Work Cells
- 5S’s (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardise & Sustain)
- Visual Tools
- Capacity and Bottlenecks
There is also a Lean Six Sigma (Yellow Belt) Exam.
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a keen interest in the subject.
This course is for three months.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information