Virtual Online - AWS Cloud & Architect Professional Programme
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
This is the dawn of the cloud era and the demand for people who can implement and manage cloud solutions will only grow from here. With such a high demand in this sector, and with excellent career growth opportunities, now is the time to train and get qualified to enter this sector as a professional.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...taking the next step in your career in the IT sector.
...anyone aspiring to work in IT, University graduates and IT Professionals.
AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Cloud Concepts Introduction
- AWS terminology and concepts
- Foundational services: Amazon Elastic Compute
- Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) AWS Core Services
- Database services: Amazon DynamoDB and
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- AWS Architecting, and more!
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS fundamentals
- AWS core services
- Design and implement Cloud Network
- Making your Cloud highly available
- Making your Cloud scalable
- Automating your Cloud services
- AWS costing
- Media file encoding services
- AWS best practices
- Securing AWS services
- AWS recovery planning
- Monitoring AWS performance
- Troubleshooting AWS
AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Apply the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Manage multiple AWS accounts for your organization
- Connect an on-premises data center to the AWS Cloud
- Discuss billing implications of connecting multi-region VPCs
- Move large data from an on-premises data center to AWS
- Design large data stores for the AWS Cloud
- Understand different architectural designs for scaling a large website
- Protect your infrastructure from distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks
There will be a AWS Cloud Practitioner exam, AWS Solutions Architect exam and AWS Solutions Architect Professional exam.
There are no formal requirements but it would be advantageous to:
- Have a basic or intermediate understanding of computing and networks
- Be a fast learner
- Be hardworking
- Be committed to succeed
This course is for one year.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information