STA Award in Defibrillator Training Level 2
In a nutshell
On this 4 hour CPR and AED course you will learn how to assess a first aid situation, be given the confidence to use a defibrillator safely and effectively in the event of someone having a cardiac arrest, and learn how to correctly deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
This course is for...
...anybody looking to have the knowledge to potentially save lives using life support methods
...those working in an environment where there’s a high risk of sudden cardiac arrest, such as sports coaches, carers, or those working with AEDs
...anyone that already holds a first aid or lifesaving qualification that wants to expand their knowledge
The course provides learners with the knowledge of life support and the safe use of an automated external defibrillator.
- Created by STA’s first aid experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Particularly useful for anyone working or looking to work in an environment where a defibrillator is present and more likely to be required
- Confidence in knowing that you can use lifesaving equipment and potentially save someone’s life.
The award is internally assessed. Each learner is required to participate in the full duration of the course and be able to show competencies of all the learning outcomes This will be achieved by
- End of module Q’s to complete
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Emergency First Aid
- First Aid at work
Safety Training awards do not have any entry requirements for the qualification.
Learners must be at least 16 years old.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information