Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings using a CAD System - 2D
In a nutshell
This course is for learners who wish to further their experience and skills in the use of CAD software. You will learn the more advanced aspects of AutoCAD including the use of the application and role that CAD drawing and design plays in industry.
This course is for...
- You are over 19, in employment and earning under £29,534 a year
- Looking to take the next step towards a career in the Engineering Industry by studying a flexible programme of study built around you
- Have a passion for visualising interior design, architecture, engineering drawing
You will learn how an object is designed in 2D and how objects can be manufactured.
The course covers:
• Layering system and different line type styles
• System for grouping objects to form blocks or libraries
• Isometric drawings within the 2D environment
• Co-ordinate system based on user requirements
• Complex dimensioning routines
• Drawing spaces and complex multi viewing areas
• Complex drawing and editing routines
• Produce hard copies of drawings
There are no formal requirements, but you'll need a keen interest in the subject.
City of Newport Campus
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information