IOSH Certificate Managing Safely
In a nutshell
If you’re a manager or supervisor, this course will help you to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues in your team as part of a total management strategy. As it’s modular in nature, the course can be tailored to meet your individual business requirements.
This course is for...
…managers from any organisation or sector who need to manage efficiently and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s safety policy and current health and safety legislation
The course takes 3.5 days (22 hours), and will help you to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues
- Set practicable health and safety objectives and be able to plan and implement courses to achieve those objectives
- Recognise risks present in the workplace and be able to select appropriate control measures
- Take account of the risks posed by human factors
- Ensure adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace
- Investigate all incidents involving injury or damage to determine the causes and take appropriate remedial actions
- Communicate effectively on health and safety issues with superiors, work people and health and safety professionals
You’ll be assessed using a multiple-choice and short answer test paper of 25 questions and a practical project, after which you’ll be awarded an Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely certificate.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information