Introduction to Cloud Computing Technologies
In a nutshell
Cloud computing – the latest way to store data – is now an essential part of daily life for both businesses and individuals. This course will give you the knowledge and skills to be able to understand and use cloud computing technologies easily and securely. It can also be tailored to suit the needs of employers in developing their understanding of the use of cloud computing for their particular business.
This course is for...
…anyone who wants to develop a better understanding of what cloud computing is and how it can be used.
This comprehensive course will help you:
- Understand what cloud computing is and the reasons for its growth in recent years
- Use some examples of cloud computing
- Explain the difference between private and public cloud
- Know the difference between SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Understand the need to manage and secure the cloud
- Understand the legal implications for data saved to the cloud
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the cloud
There’s a formal test at the end of the course to demonstrate understanding, which will allow you to receive a Coleg Gwent certificate.
All you need is an interest in this area and a willingness to learn.
If you’d like to learn more about IT, how about enrolling on one of our many part time and full time IT courses?
Due to current limitations, payment can only be made via bank transfer.
An invoice will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours with instructions on how to pay or set up payment instalments if required.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information