Introduction to Child and Adolescent Health
In a nutshell
Anyone who works with children and adolescents will tell you what a challenging, complex and rewarding world it is!
So, to help prepare you for a career in this field, this course aims to provide a clear introduction to child and adolescent mental health, considering the differences between emotional and mental health issues, and how mental health problems develop.
This course is for...
... anyone working as a childcare professional
... anyone who wants to study childcare and understand mental health
.... people with an interest in mental health and child development
... those looking to gain additional knowledge and experience to compliment your learning
... those who want to further prepare for entering employment in this challenging and complex sector.
During this course, learners will have an introduction to the importance of teamwork and theoretical knowledge that underpins development, and consider how it is applied in the real world. Its a great starting point to the subject of child and adolescent mental health and suitable for anyone planning to support this group of people.
On this course you may expect:
- To determine what is team work in relation to the multi-disciplinary team
- To explore factors of theory in relation to health and wellbeing of children and adolescents
- To consider differences between emotional and mental health issues and how mental health problems may develop.
The course will give you an insight into the importance of recognising the difficulties that many children or adolescents may face throughout their lives, whilst applying theoretical knowledge to practice.
There are no formal qualifications required for entry to this course.
You’ll be expected to commit to 3 hours per week, and to fully engage in all components of the course.
No formal assessment is required, however we expect candidates to undertake all activities with enthusiasm and display respect for others.
On completion of this course, there are several options available. Learners can progress onto other part time courses offered within the college which will complement this course and continuous professional development. These include:
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Induction to Mental Health Awareness
- Planning Activities to Encourage Resilience (Trauma Related Events)
- Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on Health and Wellbeing
- Planning Activities to Encourage Resilience (Foster Good Mental Health Strategies).
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information