IMI Diploma Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle) Level 3
Engineering and Automotive
05 September 2022
Monday and Tuesday and Thursday
In a nutshell
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Motorcycle Apprenticeship Framework.
This course is for...
... those who have previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle).
... those with a keen interest in motorcycling
... good problem-solvers and a hard workers
There are 9 modules to complete through a combination of practical and theory elements in this course. You’ll study units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle electrical faults
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle transmission and driveline faults
- Knowledge of how to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
To enter this course, you'll need Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Motorcycle), or Equivalent Level 2 Diploma.
This course is for students who are currently doing full time level 2 and will progress to part time level 3 next year.
You will need to have the correct PPE for this course, which costs around £40.
This course is 12 hours per week.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information