IMI Diploma Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle) Level 3
In a nutshell
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Motorcycle Apprenticeship Framework.
This course is for you if...
... You have previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle).
... You have a keen interest in motorcycling
... You’re a good problem-solver and a hard worker
What will I be doing?
There are 9 modules to complete through a combination of practical and theory elements. You’ll study units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle electrical faults
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle transmission and driveline faults
- Knowledge of how to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
You’ll also develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business awareness and customer awareness, problem-solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy and a positive attitude to work.
You’ll be assessed via exams, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- IMI Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Motorcycle)
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skills set and meet the needs of industry
- Skills Activities
- English and Maths
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need the Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Motorcycle), or Equivalent L2 Diploma.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You’ll need a strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry, abide by the college ethos and be willing to participate in improving your level of academic subjects.
What comes next?
IMIAL Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Automotive Studies for Master Technicians, a suitable Apprenticeship or employment as a motorcycle technician.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information