IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 3
In a nutshell
This course is an in-depth study into vehicle maintenance and repair.
This course is for you if...
... You’ve previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
... You are a good problem-solver with a keen interest in vehicles
What will I be doing?
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Maintenance & Repair Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Light Vehicle).
You’ll complete 8 modules through a combination of practical and theory elements, studying units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
You’ll develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business awareness and customer awareness, problem-solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy, a positive attitude to work.
You’ll be assessed via online tests, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need the Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You should have a strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry, abide by the college ethos and be willing to participate in improving their level of academic subjects.
What comes next?
- IMIAL Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Automotive Studies for Master Technicians
- A suitable Apprenticeship
- Employment as a motorcycle technician
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, such as boots and overalls, the cost of which is approximately £40.00. You’ll also need to supply your own stationery and folders.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information