HABC Award in Food Safety for Catering Level 3
In a nutshell
Do you work in the catering industry overseeing food safety?
This course will enable supervisors and managers in the catering industry to effectively manage food safety and comply with food safety legislation.
This course is for...
... Supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry
... Those working in care and dealing with food
... Those owning or managing a small catering business
... Anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of food safety.
This course is normally delivered over 3 days (18-24 hours). During this time, you'll learn to:
- Understand the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training.
- The course is assessed by a 90 minute multiple-choice question paper which is set by the HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance)
- Candidates must also achieve 80% attendance.
Delegates who successfully complete the assessment and meet the attendance criteria are awarded a HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety certificate.
On completion of the course, candidates can progress to the HABC Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety.
There are no formal requirements for this course.
As well as regularly running this course at our campuses as an open course on a first-come first-served basis, Coleg Gwent can also deliver this course at your premises (subject to minimum numbers).
Course may be free or up to 70% funded for eligible employers / employed learners.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information