HABC Award in Food Safety for Catering Level 3
In a nutshell
To help supervisors/managers of a food business to effectively manage food safety and comply with food safety legislation.
This course is for...
This qualification has been developed specifically to improve the food safety knowledge of supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry. This includes those working in care. It is particularly suitable for those owning or managing a small catering business.
• Understand the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
• Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
• Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
• Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control
• Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training.
The course is assessed by a 90 minute multiple choice question paper which is set by the HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance). Candidates must also achieve 80% attendance. This course is normally delivered over 3 days (18-24 hours).
Delegates who successfully complete the assessment are awarded a HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety certificate.
What’s next? Candidates can progress to the HABC Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety.
There are no formal requirements for this course.
As well as regularly running this provision at our campuses on an open course, first come first served basis, Coleg Gwent can also deliver this course at your premises (subject to minimum numbers).
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information