Engage to Change - Internship
Independent Living Skills
06 September 2021
*Enrolment open until
30 September 2021
- Aged 16-24
- Able to travel independently, make travel plans, or be prepared to learn independent travel skills
- Have a learning disability, difficulty and or autism
- Keen to gain future employment
In a nutshell
This course supports learners with Additional Learning Needs, disabilities or autism. Learners will undertake a supported internship working towards securing part-time or full-time employment.
This course is for you if...
… You are planning to secure employment
… You wish to develop employability skills
… You are a committed individual who is willing to undertake work placement
… You are willing to travel to complete your work placement
What will I be doing?
Qualifications will be tailored to the needs of each intern and their planned progression routes.
Subject areas include:
- Building professional relationships with colleagues in the workplace
- Taking responsibility for your own self development
- How to navigate the workplace
- Find out the rules and regulations for the workplace (Work Ethics)
- Undertake activities for job selection
- Complete a 3-day work placement off campus
The programme will assess each learner through different assessments, these include:
- Oral questioning
- Video or photographic evidence
- Written assessment
What is expected of me?
Learners will be expected to fully commit to all aspects of the programme. Essential qualities we expect to see from learners include respect for others, enthusiasm for the subject and self-motivation.
Learners must be able to sustain and attend all aspects of work placement.
What comes next?
Learners will have the knowledge and skills to progress to employment.
Learners will attend work placement 3 days a week off-campus (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) with two days on campus (Monday and Friday).
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information