eLearning - PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Training & Exam - Online (6th Edition)
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
If you're looking to gain first-class project management skills or want to improve your chances of becoming employed as a professional project manager, obtaining your PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner qualifications is essential as it is the world’s most practiced method for Project Management.
PRINCE2 qualifications are beneficial for both individuals and organisations. As an individual, such qualifications will improve your overall careers prospects and employability, and organisations that implement the PRINCE2 methodology have the advantage of being able to consistently facilitate successful projects, with their employees making use of a common language and defined processes.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained a thorough understanding of the seven core principles that make up the PRIINCE2 methodology and have the confidence to successfully implement it within your personal and organisational projects.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales.
...anyone in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year.
...anyone looking to improve their employability for a project management role.
This course includes the following:
PRINCE2 Foundation level syllabus (6th Edition):
- PRINCE2 Principles: Business justification, learn from experience, defined roles and responsibilities, manage by stages, manage by exception, focus on products and tailor to suit the product
- PRINCE2 Themes: Business Case, Organisation, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change & Progress
- PRINCE2 Processes: Starting a project, directing a project, initiating a project, controlling a stage, managing product delivery, managing stage boundaries and closing a project
PRINCE2 Practitioner level syllabus (6th Edition):
- Learn how to apply the seven PRINCE2 Principles within your project
- Understand how to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the seven PRINCE2 Themes in context
- Study the seven PRINCE2 Processes and learn how to apply and tailor them in context
There will be PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner Exams.
Anyone can take the PRINCE2® qualifications, however, it is useful to have a basic understanding of project management already.
If you're looking to improve your employability for a project management role, then this course is perfect for you.
To enrol onto the Practitioner level qualification, you'll need to have passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (5th Edition or 6th Edition version)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A®, B, C, or D
Individuals and organisations will both benefit from PRINCE2 qualifications, as this methodology provides the standard systems, procedures and language for managing projects effectively.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes exams which are invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information