eLearning - Microsoft Access 2016
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
Microsoft Office is the world's most popular desktop application software. Programmes include Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, Teams and Notes.
This course will cover all aspects of Microsoft Access 2016, from entry level to intermediate and advanced use of features of the programme.
Proficient users will find themselves competent at completing a number of Access based tasks in almost any industry.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...anyone who wishes to become a proficient user of Microsoft desktop applications.
…anyone who wants the confidence to develop a career working in an office environment.
By completing this course you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the basics of working in the Access program
- Know key database terminology
- Understand various ways of creating tables and practise setting the properties of their fields
- Further analyse the data in a table through select queries, including the creation of calculated fields
- Understand how to set relations between tables and ensure their referential integrity
- Create simple forms and reports
- Create calculated fields in queries that operate with functions
- Practise creating totals queries and parameter queries
- Understand properties of table joins and examine how they can affect the result of queries
- Create forms in the Design view and insert calculated fields into them
- Design and edit reports, and learn to perform various calculations in them
- Learn how to insert controls into forms and reports, including subforms and subreports.
- Action queries
- Understand different types of queries in the SQL view and get acquainted with the essential clauses of this language
- Create and use macros to automate your work with databases
- Importing and exporting of objects and their data
- Printing options of different objects in detail
- The normalisation of data
- The options of navigation in a database
There are no formal requirements, but you'll need a keen interest in the subject.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes an exam which is invigilated online. You need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information