eLearning - CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst+ with Live Labs and Exam
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) course teaches you how to use behavioural analytics to improve the overall state of IT security through preventing, detecting and combatting cybersecurity threats.
CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced threats in the digital age.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales.
...anyone in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year.
...you are an IT or cyber security professional who is looking to build their portfolio and skillset.
This course includes:
- Assessing Information Security Risk
- Analyzing the Threat Landscape
- Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
- Implementing Penetration Testing to Evaluate Security
- Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Analyzing Log Data
- Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Addressing Security Architecture Issues
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-210)
- Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® CyberSecurity Analyst+ (Exam CS0-001)
- Appendix C: Security Resources
- Appendix D: U.S. Department of Defence Operational Security
- Identifying vulnerabilities, risks and threats to an organisation
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organisation
- Prevent, detect and combat security threats
- Cyber incident response
There will be a CompTIA CySA+ Exam.
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a strong background and knowledge in IT.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes an exam which is invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information