eLearning - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Live Labs and Exam
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) qualification is a stand-alone qualification that validates advanced-level IT security skills and knowledge for advanced Practitioner of cybersecurity.
CASP+ certifies critical thinking and judgement across a broad spectrum of security disciplines and allows IT security professionals to conceptualise, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales.
...anyone in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...anyone who wants to add to their skills as they help to meet the growing demand for advanced IT security professionals.
The course includes:
- The History of Cryptography
- Cryptographic Services
- Symmetric Encryption
- Asymmetric Encryption
- Hybrid Encryption
- Digital Signatures
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Implementation of Cryptographic Solutions
- Cryptographic Attacks
- Advanced Network Design
- Secure Communication Solutions
- Secure Facility Solutions and Network Infrastructure Design
- Enterprise Security
- Cloud Computing
- Virtual LANs
- Virtual Networking and Security Components
- Enterprise Storage
- Firewalls and Network Access Control Lists
- Trusted Operating System
- Endpoint Security Software
- Host Hardening
- Asset Management
- Data Exfiltration
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Network Management, Monitoring, and Security Tools
- Application Security Testing
- Specific Application Issues
- Application Sandboxing and Application Security Framework
- Secure Coding Standards
- Application Exploits
- Cookie Storage and Transmission
- Malware Sandboxing
- Process Handling at the Client and Server
- Security Assessments and Penetration Testing
- Risk Terminology
- Identifying Vulnerabilities
- Operational Risks
- The Risk Assessment Process
- A High-Level View of Documentation
- Business Documents Used to Support Security
- Documents and Controls Used for Sensitive Information
- Auditing Requirements and Frequency
- The Incident Response Framework
- Incident and Emergency Response
- Apply Research Methods to Determine Industry Trends and Impact to the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
- Integrate Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into a Secure Enterprise Architect
- Selecting the Appropriate Control to Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Integrate Advanced Authentication and Authorization Technologies to Support Enterprise Objectives
- Implement Security Activities across the Technology Life Cycle
There will be a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Exam.
The CASP+ qualification is recommended for you if you are at IT professional with at least five years’ hands-on experience in technical security, with ten years’ overall experience in IT administration.
CASP+ will add authentication to your skills as you help to meet the growing demand for advanced IT security professionals.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes an exam which is invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information