EAL / City & Guilds Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Level 2
In a nutshell
The course gives you the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge in electrical installations.
This course is for you if...
... You are interested in a career as an electrical installer
... You have already achieved the Level 1 Diploma
... You want both practical and theoretical knowledge
What will I be doing?
Whilst on this course you’ll study:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
You'll be assessed through practical projects and written and online tests. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- Diploma Level 2 Electrical Installations
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set and meet the needs of industry
- Skills Activities
- English and Maths
What is expected of me?
To enter the course, you’ll need a Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation and, either GCSE Maths/Maths Numeracy, or English/Welsh First Language Grade D or above.
You need to have a desire to work in the construction industry. Full commitment to attendance is required, as is respect for others, enthusiasm for the subject and self-motivation. You’ll be continually assessed and there’s an expectation that you’ll continue your studies and coursework during your own time.
What comes next?
Level 3 Diploma Electrical Installations, an Apprenticeship or employment.
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at an approximate cost of £40.00, as well as your own stationery equipment.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information