E-Learning CompTIA A+ (220-1001 & 220-1002 Core Series) Training with Live Labs & Official Exams
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
This course package is ideal for anyone looking to start or further their career in IT in a flexible learning environment.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...taking the next step in your career in the IT sector.
...anyone looking to start or further their career in IT.
Key learning points in the course include:
Complete an interactive learning course package that prepares students to take the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams. This package includes both courses and exams:
- Laptops, desktop PCs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, e-readers, GPS
- Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X, Chrome OS
- Mobile device network connectivity, application support and device synchronization
- Networking hardware devices (Routers, switches, access points, cloud-based network controller, PoE, etc.)
- Networked hosts, server role, Internet appliances, legacy systems
- PC hardware tools and components, BIOS/UEFI settings, solid state drives (M2, NVME, SATA 2.5), RAID 10, hot swappable storage configurations
- Custom PC configurations including virtualization workstations and NAS devices
- Sharing multifunction devices and printers via OS settings, wired and wireless connections, 3D printing
- Logical security concepts, Active Directory security settings, software tokens, MDM policies, MAC address filtering, certificates, VPN, DLP, email filtering
- Security protocols and encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES), authentication methods (single-factor, multifactor, RADIUS, TACACS), security threat identification and prevention
- Privacy concerns and policies (PII, PCI, GDPR, PHI)
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a keen interest in the subject.
This course is for three months.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information