E-Learning AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3) eLearning and Books
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
The AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3) is the perfect opportunity for you, as an Accounting professional, to take your career to the next level. This course has been developed with experienced Accountants in mind, giving you the knowledge and skillset to carry out advanced Accounting tasks as part of a reliable finance team.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £26,000 a year.
...anyone taking the next step in your career in the Accountancy sector.
...anyone who already have a solid understanding of Accounting principles and are looking to progress their knowledge to the next level and undertake more responsibilities.
Key learning points of this course includes:
- Apply the principles of double-entry bookkeeping through demonstrating the accounting equation, classifying assets, liabilities and equity in an accounting context
- The purpose and use of books of prime entry and ledger accounting
- How to carry out financial period end routines
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Identifying capital expenditure and the importance of prior authority for capital expenditure
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders and Partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
If you have not already completed the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2), this would be beneficial for you to complete first, however it is not an official requirement.
A solid understanding of Accounting principles is beneficial, as well as a good understanding of English literacy and basic maths.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information