In a nutshell
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT, and with a flexible programme of study built around you.
The CompTIA A+ course acknowledges that certified professionals are the IT industries problem solvers. CompTIA A+ enables individuals to support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
This course is for...
…anyone over 19, in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year
…your next step towards a career in the ICT sector
…those with a passion for computing and a Certified Qualification in CompTIA A+
The CompTIA A+ course covers the fundamental principles of ensuring that critical IT support tasks can be performed in the moment. It’s based on real-world issues and practical solutions and is an internationally-recognised qualification. As such it is trusted and recognised by employers and ensures the ability to identify the individual needed in end point management and technical support roles.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams covering the following content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
There are no formal requirements.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information