City & Guilds NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice Level 5
In a nutshell
This qualification is aimed at those who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in managing Health & Safety for the workplace.
This course is for...
...those working in the area of general health and safety practice or managing the health and safety function in an organisation and wanting to gain an accredited work-based qualification.
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Develop and implement a health and safety audit
- Behavioural safety in the workplace
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
Optional Units including:
- Influence improvements in health and safety practice
- Develop, implement and review the organisations health and safely strategy
- Contribute to health and safety legal action
- Manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety
- Develop and implement the health and safety induction process
- Professional development and ethics in health and safety management
*IOSH Graduate Membership recognition can be gained by with completion of Unit 611- Professional development and ethics in health and safety management.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to progress from the NEBOSH National General Certificate (or equivalent).
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information