City & Guilds NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 3
In a nutshell
If you’re already working or have been studying to work in a salon, this course is the ideal preparation to be a fully qualified beauty therapist, enhancing your technical skills and giving you in depth knowledge of specialist areas.
This course is for...
…those who’ve qualified in Beauty Therapy at Level 2 and would like to develop specialist professional knowledge in body and holistic therapy.
Through a combination of theory classes, practical workshops, real salon environments at the college working on clients, commercial sessions, demonstrations, group work and work placement (either weekly or on block), you’ll learn advanced beauty treatments and techniques such as:
- Body massage
- Facial and body electrical and mechanical specialist treatments
- Manual and spray tan application
- Artificial nail structures
- Indian head massage
- Stone therapy massage
- Client care
- Promotion and sales
- Health, safety and hygiene procedures in the salon.
You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in:
- In-house college competitions
- Skills Competition Wales and World Skills
- Spa days
- Industry demonstrations on Laser/IPL treatment
- Visits and trips to industry specialists
- Supervisory roles in the department and managing therapists' columns
You’ll need to be self-motivated, hardworking, have a friendly personality and be committed to full attendance and punctuality for all sessions. Work-related experience is a compulsory part of the course and includes work placements and working on clients in the campus beauty clinics.
you'll be assessed using practical assessments for each unit, assignments and projects and multiple choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge, and once you’ve completed the course you can go on to Level 3 full-time or part-time complementary therapies courses, working in the beauty therapy industry or Higher Education (university level) courses such as Level 4 Diploma in Laser ILP.
You’ll need to have completed the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
The dress code for our salon is:
- Tunic with trousers and black shoes
- Hair neatly tied back off the face
- No piercings or jewellery – only a wedding ring can be worn
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information