City & Guilds Diploma Plastering Level 2
In a nutshell
This course is normally a progression for students completing a Level 1 plastering course.
This course is for you if...
... You want to building on existing plastering skills
... You’ve competed the Level 1 plastering course
... You want practical and trade-specific studies
What will I be doing?
You’ll gain an appreciation for the following:
- Handling and storing resources
- Contributing to work relationships and effective communication
- Knowledge of other trades involvement in the building team
- The environmental considerations in relation to the building industry
- A knowledge of health and safety and welfare in the construction industry
The course will also include trade specific studies such as:
- Application of plastering materials to diverse internal backgrounds
- Application of plastering materials to diverse external backgrounds
- Fixing sheet material to walls and ceilings
- Laying floor screeds
- Producing fibrous work
The course is delivered through practical lessons in excellent workshop facilities, along with theory lessons to underpin the knowledge learnt in the practical sessions.
The course is assessed through practical projects, written and online tests and gives you a qualification in:
What is expected of me?
To enrol on the course, you need to have a Level 1 Diploma in Plastering and either GCSE Maths/Maths Numeracy or English/Welsh First Language Grade D or above.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as is respect for others, enthusiasm for the subject and self-motivation.
What comes next?
Level 3 Plastering (Apprenticeship).
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at an approximate cost of £40.00, as well as your own stationery equipment.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information