City & Guilds Diploma NVQ Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionery) Level 3
In a nutshell
This course is designed to train chefs in complex and advanced food preparation and cooking skills, focusing on patisserie and confectionery.
This course is for...
…apprentices working in a kitchen
…those with an interest in patisserie and confectionery
…those wanting to build on their food preparation and cooking skills
Learners will study a broad selection of modules, including:
- Food safety
- Managing resources
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, process and finish complex chocolate products
- Prepare, process and finish marzipan, pastillage and sugar products
- Prepare, cook and present complex cold products
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
The course will be delivered within the workplace whereby an assessor will visit to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Learners will need to be employed in an appropriate role to study this diploma.
The course will usually take 91 weeks to complete. After successful completion, learners can go on to study Higher Apprenticeship Level 4 in Hospitality and Catering.
Due to current limitations, payment can only be made via bank transfer.
An invoice will be sent from email@example.com within 72 hours with instructions on how to pay or set up payment instalments if required.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information