City & Guilds Diploma NVQ Housekeeping Level 2
In a nutshell
Apprentices working in hospitality can hone their customer service and housekeeping skills with this in-depth diploma.
This course is for...
…apprentices working as a housekeeper, room attendant, chambermaid
…those wishing to work in the hospitality environment
…those looking to hone their customer service skills
Apprentices must achieve a total of 37 credits, nine credits from mandatory group A and 28 credits from optional group B.
Group A (mandatory)
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Cleaning and servicing a range of housekeeping areas
Group B (optional)
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Deal with customers across a language divide
- Maintain customer service through effective handover
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
- Collect linen and make beds
- Clean windows from the inside
- Use of different chemicals and equipment in housekeeping
- Maintain housekeeping supplies
- Clean, maintain and protect semi-hard and hard floors, soft floors and furnishings
- Providing a linen service
- Carry out periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
Learners will also study Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualifications which are designed to help them develop and demonstrate the skills needed to make the most of their learning, work and life. Details are below:
Application of Number Level 1
- Understanding numerical data
- Carrying out calculations
- Interpreting results and presenting findings
Communication Level 1
- Speaking and listening
The course will be delivered within the workplace whereby an assessor will visit to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Learners will need to be employed in an appropriate role to study this diploma.
The course will usually take 78 weeks to complete. After successful completion, learners can go on to study NVQ Level 2 Front of House or Customer Service.
Due to current limitations, payment can only be made via bank transfer.
An invoice will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours with instructions on how to pay or set up payment instalments if required.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information