City & Guilds Diploma NVQ Beverage Service Level 2
In a nutshell
This course is suitable for those working in a bar, restaurant or similar environment wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of beverage service.
This course is for...
…people working in a bar or restaurant
…those wishing to develop their knowledge of beverage service
…those wanting to work to hospitality supervision
Apprentices must achieve a total of 37 credits, 11 credits from the mandatory group and a minimum 7 credits from optional group A; the remaining 19 credits can be selected from optional group A or B.
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Prepare and clear the bar area
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare and serve dispensed and instant hot drinks
- Prepare and serve hot drinks using specialist equipment
- Maintain cellars and kegs
- Clean drink dispense lines
- Receive, store and issue drinks stock
- Resolve customer service problems
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Deal with customers across a language divide
- Maintain customer service through effective handover
- Maintain and deal with payments
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
Learners will also study Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualifications which are designed to help them develop and demonstrate the skills needed to make the most of their learning, work and life. Details are below:
Application of Number Level 1
- Understanding numerical data
- Carrying out calculations
- Interpreting results and presenting findings
Communication Level 1
- Speaking and listening
The course will be delivered within the workplace whereby an assessor will visit to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Learners will need to be employed in an appropriate role to study this diploma.
The course will usually take 60 weeks to complete. After successful completion, learners can go on to study Level 3 Hospitality Supervision or Customer Service.
This programme is part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information