City & Guilds Diploma Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 2
Engineering and Automotive
City of Newport Campus
05 September 2022
Diploma Level 1 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at Merit grade and either GCSE Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh 1st Language grade D or above
In a nutshell
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. It satisfies the requirements of the Maintenance and Repair Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Light Vehicle).
This course is for you if...
... You have completed the Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
... You can work independently and as part of a team
What will I be doing?
The Level 2 programme is broken down into five technical sections, including the four main vehicle areas designated by the National Occupational Standards developed by IMI:
- Chassis technology
- Engine technology
- Transmission technology
- Electrical and electronic technology
- General aspects e.g. health and safety, legal aspects and organisational requirements
You’ll be assessed through online tests, assignments, coursework, portfolios and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above, to include Maths and English (or Welsh as a first language); or
- A suitable level 1 diploma and GCSE grade D or above in Maths and English (or Welsh as a first language)
What comes next?
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- A suitable Apprenticeship
- Employment in industry as a technician
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information