City & Guilds Diploma in Motor Vehicle Fitting Principles Level 2
Engineering and Automotive
City of Newport Campus
06 September 2021
4 GCSEs at Grade A* to D including Maths and English (or Welsh first language)
A suitable Diploma at Level 1 and successful completion of the appropriate literacy and numeracy skills.
In a nutshell
This course includes the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. It provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle fitters working on vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and fast fit businesses.
This course is for you if...
...you have a keen interest in vehicle mechanics
...you want a blend of theoretical and practical study
...you want a good introduction to motor vehicle mechanics before tackling the vehicle maintenance programme
What will I be doing?
This course will provide you with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of some of the following:
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle and motorcycle tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle front wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle exhaust components, suspension dampers, vehicle batteries and braking systems.
- Assessing and securing a roadside situation.
Learners will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
As part of your course you’ll also complete English and Maths related qualifications.
You’ll be assessed through online tests, coursework, assignments, portfolios and practical assessment. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need either:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A* to D inclucing Maths and English (or Welsh first language); or
- A suitable Diploma at Level 1 and successful completion of the appropriate literacy and numeracy skills.
Full commitment to attendance is required and you’ll need to be able to work independently and as part of a team. A strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry is also needed and you’ll be expected to abide by the college ethos.
What comes next?
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles.
- Progress onto a suitable apprenticeship or employment.
- Employment in industry.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information