City & Guilds Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3
In a nutshell
This course focuses on the development of the underlying principles and advanced practical skills required in the hairdressing industry.
This course is for you if...
...you have completed the level 2 qualification
...you have a passion for hair and beauty
...you are hardworking and friendly
What will I be doing?
Employability skills developed on the course will provide you with the skills to become an entrepreneur.
You’ll cover units such as
- Client consultation
- Colour correction and advanced colour techniques
- Advanced and creative cutting
- Planning and delivering promotional activities
- Creatively dressing long hair for a range of occasions
- Bridal hair
- Gents cutting
- Health and safety
- Employability Skills
This course will build on your intermediate hairdressing skills and help you develop more creative techniques. To do this, you'll have the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities such as:
- Hairdressing competitions - Inspiring Skills Wales and UK/World Skills
- Industry interviews
- Mentoring junior trainees
- Running hairdressing columns and contributing to department income generation
- Building a personal client base
- Guest speakers from industry
You’ll be assessed via practical assessments, assignments, projects and multiple-choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enter the course, you’ll need the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, hardworking, have a friendly personality and a high level of personal presentation. There will be an expectation that you attend work placement during the academic year.
All delivery takes place on campus and there will be one evening a week when you will be in college until late. Attendance and punctuality for all sessions is a major requirement of this course.
What comes next?
Employment in a salon, cruise liners, as technical representatives or in the media. There are also progression opportunities into higher education and foundation degree programmes.
Dress code and appearance is a very important aspect to this course and we require you to adhere to the following:
- Tunic with black trousers and black sensible shoes must be worn in the salons
- Hair must be neatly tied back from the face and make up worn for a professional image
- No visible piercings
- Only a wedding ring can be worn in the salon.
You’ll be expected to purchase a uniform and a top up hairdressing kit as a condition of your place on the course. The cost of this is approximately £130 - £150.
A Salon Fee of £90 for the year covers all assessments on family and friends.
All costs are subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information