City & Guilds Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3
In a nutshell
Taking place in your workplace and college (where necessary, this is not only the perfect next step in your hairdressing career but also gives you a range of other essential skills to help you go further.
This course is for...
…hairdressing apprentices wanting to further their skills and become a senior stylist.
Usually taking around 18 months to complete, the City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing covers a number of mandatory and optional topics, with an assessor visiting to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Mandatory topics are:
- Providing hairdressing consultation services
- Promoting additional services or products to customers
- Creatively cutting hair using a combination of techniques
- Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
Optional topics can include:
- Colouring hair using a variety of techniques
- Hair and scalp treatments
- Colour correction services
- Creative hair extension services
- Creatively styling and dressing hair
- Specialist consultation services for hair and scalp conditions
- Creatively dressing long hair
- Developing and enhancing creative hairdressing skills
- Contributing to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Creating a variety of permed effects
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Supporting customer service improvement
The course also includes a variety of Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualifications designed to help you develop the skills needed to make the most of your learning, work and life. They include:
- Application of Number Level 2 – this qualification will help you improve your number skills, including understanding numerical data, carrying out calculations, interpreting results and presenting findings.
- Communication Level 2 – this will help you improve your communication skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Level 1 – designed to improve your ICT skills including finding, selecting and exchanging information and developing and presenting information.
Once you’ve completed this course, you could progress on to Level 4 in Salon Management, or related courses such as Beauty Therapy or Theatrical and Media Make Up.
To take this course you’ll need to be employed in a suitable placement.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information