City & Guilds Diploma in Engineering (Fabrication & Welding) Level 2
Engineering & Automotive
Mode of Study
City of Newport Campus
01 September 2020
Level 1 NVQ certificate PEO fabrication and welding, or Level 1 City & Guilds Technical Certificate 2850 and either GCSE Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh 1st Language grade D or above
In a nutshell
This course will cover a range of mandatory and optional units to develop your skill in fabrication and welding technology.
This course is for you if...
... You have a keen interest in fabrication and welding
... You work well independently and as part of a team
... You’re creative and hardworking
What will I be doing?
You’ll cover a range of mandatory and optional units, including:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Principles of engineering technology
- Principles of fabrication & welding
- MMA welding of materials
- MAGS welding of materials
- Producing platework assemblies
You’ll develop essential employability skills and learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
You’ll be assessed through GOLA exams, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and laboratory or practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll gain:
What is expected of me?
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above, to include Maths and English (or Welsh as a first language); or
- A suitable level 1 diploma and GCSE grade D or above in Maths and English (or Welsh as a first language)
What comes next?
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Fabrication & Welding Technology, a suitable Apprenticeship or employment as a fabrication and welding technician.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information