City & Guilds Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Adults) Level 3
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
07 September 2021
*Enrolment open until
30 September 2021
In a nutshell
This course enhances your technical skills, gives you in depth knowledge of specialist areas and will prepare you for employment as a fully qualified beauty therapist.
This course is for...
...you if you have qualified in Beauty Therapy at Level 2
...you if you want to develop specialist knowledge
...you if you are hardworking and have a friendly personality
You’ll learn advanced beauty treatments and techniques such as:
- Body massage
- Facial and body electrical and mechanical specialist treatments
- Manual and spray tan application
- Artificial nail structures
- Indian head massage
- Stone therapy massage
- Aromatherapy using pre-blended oils
- Client care
- Promotion and sales
- Health, safety and hygiene procedures in the salon.
You’ll learn through:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the college working on clients
- Commercial sessions
- Group work
- Work placement - either weekly or on block
You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in:
- In house college competitions
- Inspiring Skills Wales and UK/World Skills
- Spa days
- Industry demonstrations on Laser/IPL treatment
- Visits and trips to industry specialists
- Supervisory roles in the department and managing therapists' columns
You’ll be assessed via practical assessments, assignments and multiple-choice online tests covering underpinning knowledge. Once complete, you’ll achieve:
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set
- Creative Enrichment Skills (community activities and demonstrations)
You’ll need to have completed the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Code of dress:
- Uniform which must be worn for all practical sessions. This is a mandatory requirement
- Hair must be neatly tied back off the face
- No piercings
- No jewellery other than a wedding ring can be worn in the salon
You’ll be expected to purchase a uniform and an artificial nail kit costing approximately £250 and pay for trips costing approximately £50.
A Salon Fee of £90 for the year covers all assessments on family and friends.
All costs are under review and subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information