BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) Level 3
Engineering and Automotive
05 September 2022
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above or an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification and GCSE Maths at Grade B.
In a nutshell
This full-time two-year qualification, equivalent to three A-Levels, is designed to allow you to develop the higher-level skills needed to progress to university or employment at a technical or professional level within the engineering industry.
This course is for you if...
... You have previous experience or qualifications in this sector
... You want to develop an in-depth knowledge
... You’re good at problem solving and you’re hard working
What will I be doing?
You’ll study units such as:
- Engineering principles, covering mathematics, mechanical and electrical principles
- Calculus and further engineering mathematics
- Delivery of engineering processes safely as a team
- Engineering product design and manufacture
- Applied commercial and quality principles in engineering
- Microcontroller systems for engineers
- Computer aided design in engineering
- Mechanical behaviour of metallic materials
- Pneumatic, hydraulic systems and their maintenance
- Manufacturing secondary machining processes
- Mechanical measurement and inspection technology
- A specialist engineering project
You’ll be assessed through assignments, exams/tests, and practical work. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enrol, you’ll need:
- a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Mathematics at Grade B, English/Welsh First Language at Grade C and Science at Grade C
- an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification and GCSE Maths at Grade B and English/Welsh First Language at Grade C or above.
What comes next?
HNC Engineering at Coleg Gwent or other higher education study in a university, an apprenticeship or employment in the engineering sector.
All costs are under review and subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information