BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) Level 3
Engineering and Automotive
31 August 2021
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including mathematics at grade B and English/Welsh 1st Language; or an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification at Merit grade and GCSE Maths and English/Welsh First Language at C grade or above does the L2 Diplom
In a nutshell
This qualification is designed to provide highly specialist, work-related understanding and technical skills that help prepare you for employment and progression opportunities to higher education, degree and professional development.
This course is for you if...
... You have previous experience or qualifications in this sector
... You want to develop an in-depth knowledge
... You’re good at problem solving and you’re hard working
What will I be doing?
You’ll study units such as:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Electropneumatic/hydraulic systems and devices
- Engineering drawing for technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Computer aided drafting in engineering
- Engineering primary forming processes
- Engineering secondary and finishing techniques
- Industrial plant and process control
- Mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
You’ll be assessed through assignments, reports, short tests, practical and portfolio work. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enrol, you’ll need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Mathematics at Grade B and English/Welsh First Language, or an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification at Merit Grade and GCSE Maths and English/Welsh First Language at C Grade or above.
What comes next?
HNC Engineering at Coleg Gwent or other university-level study, an Apprenticeship or employment in the engineering sector.
All costs are under review and subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information