AAT Access Award in Business Skills Level 1
In a nutshell
The AAT Access Award in Business Skills offers students at Level 1 the opportunity to develop key practical skills used in every business as a route into employment. On completion of this qualification, students will also be equipped with a strong foundation from which to progress to further study with AAT in either accountancy or bookkeeping if they would like to do so.
This course is for...
Access (Level 1) qualifications are an entry point for students who need additional support to develop their finance or business skills. These qualifications are designed to give students the introductory knowledge and confidence to take on higher level AAT qualifications and to progress in their lives and careers.
The following units and content will be included in this course:
Preparing for Work
1. Understand how organisations operate 10%
2. Develop skills for the workplace 10%
3. Be able to apply for a job 10%
Using Numbers in Business
1. Work with numbers 5%
2. Perform simple business calculations 10%
3. Work with common decimals, fractions, percentages, proportions and ratios 15%
Sales and Purchases in Business
1. Understand how sales and purchases support businesses 5%
2. Understand principles of sales and purchases 10%
3. Apply business procedures to sales and purchases 15% Integration 10% Total 100%
No formal entry requirements are in place for this course. However, good IT, numeracy and literacy skills will be important to progress to higher level qualifications.
You will need to register with AAT and fees may be applicable.
This is an examined qualification, exams will take place on-screen in a controlled environment.
Due to current limitations, payment can only be made via bank transfer.
An invoice will be sent from email@example.com within 72 hours with instructions on how to pay or set up payment instalments if required.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information