NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
Personal Learning Accounts
Health and Safety
In a nutshell
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate equips candidates with the knowledge and understanding to demonstrate environmental excellence and social responsibility. This is essential for organisations who wish to avoid prosecution, litigation, and loss of reputation.
Organisations with employees who have passed the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate are well-placed to introduce and maintain the environmental management standard of ISO 14001.
According to NEBOSH, around two-thirds of health and safety practitioners now deal with environmental management as part of their overall day-to-day responsibilities at work. As such, the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is vital for many health and safety professionals.
This course is available as part of a Personal Learning Account (PLA). PLA is an initiative from the Welsh Government which offers people the chance to access free, part-time courses with flexible and convenient learning that fits around their existing lifestyle (subject to eligibility).
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales and in employment. The usual salary limit of £29,534 does not apply for this course.
... anyone who needs to gain a sound understanding of the principles of environmental management, including those who wish to start or advance their career in this sector
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is the culmination of extensive research with environmental professionals, employers, professional bodies, and regulators. This ensures the course is both rigorous and relevant, but also achievable and practical.
- Understand a range of environmental issues so that you can improve environmental performance and reduce harm
- Work within an environmental management system and contribute to continual improvement
- Recognise environmental aspects and associated impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls
- Support decision-making with ethical, legal, and financial arguments
- Understand the links between your organisation’s activities and wider environmental issues
- Unit EMC1 - Environmental management
- Unit EMC2 - Assessing environmental aspects and associated impacts
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is assessed in two parts:
- Unit EMC1, candidates are assessed by a written examination (to be downloaded, completed, and submitted in 24 hours), in which they must demonstrate their knowledge gained through the course.
- Unit EMC2 is a practical assessment, which is carried out at the candidate’s workplace. The practical assessment must be submitted within 14 days of the exam date booked.
A unit certificate is issued denoting achievement of each unit.
The certificate award parchment is issued upon completion of both units.
There are no formal requirements, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
This course is delivered by virtual classroom. Virtual classrooms are equivalent to face-to-face classroom courses, but delivered in an online environment.
You will need to put aside 5 consecutive days to attend this course.
Please note that NEBOSH Exams only run on certain dates throughout the year.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact us on 01495 333777
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.