LIBF Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER)
Personal Learning Accounts
Business, Finance and Management
In a nutshell
Any mortgage adviser who wants to consider and advise on all the options available to their customers, needs to fully understand those options – including the potential risks as well as benefits.
You’ll develop specialist knowledge to understand different customer needs. You’ll be able to advise on the different types of equity release products and the risks and benefits associated with taking out a scheme.
If you currently hold the CeMAP or an equivalent Level 3 mortgage qualification, being qualified to advise on equity release will add to your skill set.
This course is available as part of a Personal Learning Account (PLA). PLA is an initiative from the Welsh Government which offers people the chance to access free, part-time courses with flexible and convenient learning that fits around their existing lifestyle (subject to eligibility).
This course is for...
... anyone aged 19+, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year
… everybody who wants to develop the knowledge and experience needed to undertake roles in the financial services industry
… those who enjoy working with customers and providing advice and guidance
Throughout the course you will learn the following:
- The impact of equity release schemes on customers’ future options
- The FCA regulatory explanation of a lifetime mortgage and a home reversion plan
- How to match different types of equity release schemes to your customers’ needs
- The suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release schemes
- The relative advantages and disadvantages of the different types of equity release arrangements and alternatives
- How to assess the risks to customers who take out equity release schemes and when these might arise
- The rules relating to state benefits as well as taxation
The Course is split into two units:
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of Equity Release
- Unit 2: Equity Release Solutions
You need to hold the Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) or an equivalent Level 3 mortgage qualification to start this course.
This course is delivered by virtual classroom. Virtual classrooms are equivalent to face-to-face classroom courses, but delivered in an online environment.
You will need to put aside 2 days to attend this course.
You will need to book the exams separately with LIBF and claim all costs back from the college on course completion. LIBF have been working alongside their exams testing partner (Pearson Vue) to provide students with the option of sitting their exams remotely. This means you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact us on 01495 333777
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.