AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
In a nutshell
This is the dawn of the cloud era, and the demand for people who can implement and manage cloud solutions is growing. With such a high demand in this sector, and with excellent career growth opportunities, now is the time to train and get qualified to enter this sector as a professional.
This means that Certified AWS Cloud professionals are in high demand, making this an excellent career choice. An AWS certification validates Cloud expertise, highlighting your in-demand skills to current and future employers. It also helps organisations build innovative and effective Cloud teams.
This course is available as part of a Personal Learning Account (PLA). PLA is an initiative from the Welsh Government which offers people the chance to access free, part-time courses with flexible and convenient learning that fits around their existing lifestyle (subject to eligibility).
This course is for...
... anyone aged 19+, living in Wales, and in employment. The usual salary limit of £29,534 does not apply to this course.
... those taking the next step in your career in the IT sector
... anyone currently working in, or aspiring to work in IT, with a specific focus on cloud computing
The AWS Cloud Practitioner certification will enable you to:
- Define what the AWS Cloud
- Describe key AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Explain the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Define the Pricing, Billing and Account management models
- Describe essential key services on the AWS platform
- Explain fundamental compliance and security aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
The modules you'll cover include:
- Cloud Concepts Introduction
- AWS terminology and concepts
- Foundational services: Amazon Elastic Compute
- Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) AWS Core Services
- Database services: Amazon DynamoDB and
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- AWS Architecting, and more!
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but it would be advantageous to:
- Have a basic or intermediate understanding of computing and networks
- Be a fast learner
- Be hardworking
- Be committed to succeed
This course is delivered by virtual classroom which is equivalent to face-to-face classroom courses, but delivered in an online environment.
You will need to put aside two days to attend this course and it includes exams which are invigilated online. You'll need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.