Virtual Classroom - CeMAP Mortgage Advisor & CeRER Equity Release
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
Buying a house and getting a mortgage is one of the biggest financial decision we make in our lifetime. Most people seek advice from a professional Mortgage Advisor, to discuss the best option for them.
The role of a Mortgage Advisor is to help individuals decide which of the many financial products, services and providers is best for them.
They must be qualified to provide advice, and the benchmark qualification for Mortgage Advisors in the UK is a ‘Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP®).
80% of Mortgage Advisors in the UK hold a CeMAP® qualification.
In addition to CeMAP, you will learn about Equity Release with a CeRER Qualification. There is a wide range of equity release products available, and this qualification will enable you to examine customers' needs and provide the right advice on the different products available, as well as all the associated risks.
After finishing your full CeMAP® Module 1, 2 & 3 qualifications, you will earn your Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, allowing you to work as a Mortgage Advisor and provide legal mortgage advice throughout the UK. After finishing your CeRER qualifications, you will also be able to provide advice on equity release.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales, in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year.
…anyone who wants to develop the knowledge and experience needed to undertake roles in the financial services industry.
…anyone who enjoys working with customers and providing advice and guidance.
CeMAP® Module 1
- Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products
- UK Financial Services and Regulation
CeMAP® Module 2 & 3
- Policies and practices that affect mortgages
- Mortgage Laws
- Insurance Policies
- Post completion issues and arrears
- Complete sales process in relation to mortgage advising
- Assessment of mortgage advice knowledge. Tests your understanding of the technical details to assess your ability to apply the knowledge covered.
- The impact of equity release schemes on customers’ future options
- The FCA regulatory explanation of a lifetime mortgage and a home reversion plan
- How to match different types of equity release schemes to your customers’ needs
- The suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release schemes
- The relative advantages and disadvantages of the different types of equity release arrangements and alternatives
- How to assess the risks to customers who take out equity release schemes and when these might arise
- The rules relating to state benefits as well as taxation
There are no formal requirements, but you'll need a keen interest in the subject.
This course is delivered by virtual classroom. Virtual classrooms are equivalent to face-to-face classroom courses, but delivered in an online environment.
You will need to put aside 11 days to attend this course.
eLearning is also included in the CeMAP element of this course to help you reinforce what you have learnt in the virtual classroom prior to sitting your exam.
The course prepares you to sit your exams. You will need to book the exams seperately with LIBF. LIBF have been working alongside their testing partner, Pearson Vue, to provide students with an option to sit their exams remotely.
Delegates can now sit their exams from the comfort and safety of their own homes, while maintaining exam conditions, and be monitored by an invigilator.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.