eLearning - Official CompTIA A+ Technician, Network+, Security+ Training, Live Labs & Official Exams
In a nutshell
A Personal Learning Account is a new initiative from the Welsh Government. It is a free and flexible way to learn. The initiative will offer people the chance to access free, part-time courses that offer flexible and convenient learning around their existing lifestyle.
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. Develop your IT professional skills to an exceptionally high level with this CompTIA course and exam package. With CompTIA A+ Technician, Network+ and Security+ courses, and entry to the relevant exams, it has everything you need to achieve your CompTIA certifications, in one convenient package.
This course is for...
...anyone over 19, living in Wales.
...anyone in employment and earning less than £29,534 a year.
...opening the door to many opportunities in the IT networking and security fields.
Key learning points in this course include:
Work through the Official CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ courses before taking the exams to achieve complete certification in all three areas of expertise.
Official CompTIA A+ (220-1001 & 220-1002 Core Series):
- Laptops, desktop PCs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, e-readers, GPS
- Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X, Chrome OS
- Mobile device network connectivity, application support and device synchronization
- Networking hardware devices (Routers, switches, access points, cloud-based network controller, PoE, etc.)
- Networked hosts, server role, Internet appliances, legacy systems
- PC hardware tools and components, BIOS/UEFI settings, solid state drives (M2, NVME, SATA 2.5), RAID 10, hot swappable storage configurations
- Custom PC configurations including virtualization workstations and NAS devices
- Sharing multifunction devices and printers via OS settings, wired and wireless connections, 3D printing
- Logical security concepts, Active Directory security settings, software tokens, MDM policies, MAC address filtering, certificates, VPN, DLP, email filtering
- Security protocols and encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES), authentication methods (single-factor, multifactor, RADIUS, TACACS), security threat identification and prevention
- Privacy concerns and policies (PII, PCI, GDPR, PHI)
Official CompTIA Network+ (N10-006)
- Study network theory.
- Look at bounded and unbounded network media.
- Gain understanding of network implementations.
- Book your knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and data delivery.
- Study a lesson on routing.
- Look in detail at TCP/IP services.
- Move on to look at the WAN infrastructure.
- Next study cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Complete a lesson on network security basics.
- Learn how to prevent security breaches and respond to security incidents.
- Understand network management.
- Look at how to troubleshoot network issues in detail.
Official CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401)
- Learn how to measure and weigh risk.
- Look at monitoring and diagnosing networks.
- Develop your understanding of devices and infrastructure.
- Study access control, authentication and authorisation in detail.
- Take a lesson in protecting wireless networks.
- Understand security and the cloud.
- Look at host, data and application security.
- Study cryptography in detail.
- Boost your knowledge of malware, vulnerabilities and threats.
- Understand social engineering and other foes.
- Take a comprehensive look at security administration.
- Become adept at disaster recovery and incident response.
This course includes all exams.
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a keen interest in the subject.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes exams which are invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.