CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) (CS0-002)
Personal Learning Accounts
Computing and Digital Technologies
In a nutshell
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) course teaches you how to use behavioural analytics to improve the overall state of IT security through preventing, detecting and combatting cybersecurity threats.
CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced threats in the digital age.
This course is available as part of a Personal Learning Account (PLA). PLA is an initiative from the Welsh Government which offers people the chance to access free, part-time courses with flexible and convenient learning that fits around their existing lifestyle (subject to eligibility).
This course is for...
... anyone aged 19+, living in Wales and in employment. The usual salary limit of £29,534 does not apply to this course.
... professionals within IT and/or Cyber Security sectors looking to build their portfolio and skillset
This course includes:
- Assessing Information Security Risk
- Analyzing the Threat Landscape
- Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
- Implementing Penetration Testing to Evaluate Security
- Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Analyzing Log Data
- Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Addressing Security Architecture Issues
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-210)
- Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® CyberSecurity Analyst+ (Exam CS0-001)
- Appendix C: Security Resources
- Appendix D: U.S. Department of Defence Operational Security
- Identifying vulnerabilities, risks and threats to an organisation
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organisation
- Prevent, detect and combat security threats
- Cyber incident response
The CySA+ qualification is recommended to those who have already done Network+, Security+ or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge and have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
This course is delivered by eLearning. This means that you should be motivated to study in a self-paced, self-organised manner using an internet enabled device.
The course includes an exam which is invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact us on 01495 333777
or email email@example.com.