HND Civil Engineering
In a nutshell
The HND (Higher National Diploma) in Construction Management builds on the knowledge and skills of the HNC. This covers construction industry fundamentals and planning, health and safety and human resource management in construction, managing construction organisations, and quality in construction.
This course is for you if...
… You have already complete and gained the HNC qualification in construction
… You want a career in construction
What will I be doing?
The HND represents a second year at a level 5 of a full degree. It is an ideal progression from the HNC and provides a progression route onto a degree in Disciplines such as Construction Management, Surveying or Civil Engineering.
Modules Studied in the HND are dependent on pathways.
- Civil Engineering
- Building Services Engineering
- Construction Management
- Architectural Technology
- Group Project
- Advanced Measuring & Tendering
- Advanced Construction Information
City of Newport Campus
What is expected of me?
You’ll be required to do the following:
- Attend lectures on a day release mode of study.
- Inquire at enrolment about government funding through our higher apprenticeships.
- Complete Assessments that are based on coursework issued throughout the 2nd year duration of the course
- Study case studies of current projects providing realistic interest and opportunities to engage in professional scenarios.
What comes next?
Following successful completion of the HND, Learners can progress to University to top up full degrees.
We have excellent links with local universities and can arrange taster sessions, open days and disvussions with tutors at those organisations
Alternitively, a Level 5 HND will be an ideal qualification to pursue a career in building surveying, site engineering, site management or Architectual Technology.
This course is also available as a higher national apprenticeship.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team